Tuesday 9 July 2013

Internship and Expericences

Hi there,


Thought I would just give you a little insight into what I am doing at the moment. At the start of the summer I started this internship though university, the position is a research assistant. So far we have done quite a bit. We are taking a look at VO2, VCO2, RER, MIP's, MEP's temperature, lactate, heart rate and rate of perceived exhaustion ,when a subject runs a 2.4km time trial with 25kg on their back. We are seeing how different specific respiratory warm ups affect the time trial. My roll has included collecting data and inputting data as well as taking part in the time trail. I think i did quite well improving my times with every run, my best time has been 11.19 minuets to complete the 2.4km. As well as this I have also had a chance to go to St Georges Park the other day to help out with some pre season testing for a league two football team. This was a great opportunity and gave me the opportunity to work with professional athletes in a top spec facility, although only doing basics of testing power speed agility and fitness, it was still a great experience. Apart form working and my internship is the only other thing I am doing at the moment as I find I have no full days of to do anything else.

Thanks

Jacob Mann

No comments:

Post a Comment