Friday 28 June 2013

GoPro Review

Hi there,





I have only been using the GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition since Easter. It has been great using it, having had more use out of it than I thought that I would. I want to take it everywhere with me, but this is a little inconvenient. So far I have used it for skiing, mountain biking and a few still shots. 

When film it is relatively easy to use but only once it is set up right. If I had spent more time looking at how it works before using it. I would have maybe got more use out of it the first time I used it when I went skiing, as I only had it set up right on the last day. Also the battery life is a bit of a buzz kill when spending the whole day out skiing, it would run out in the morning. So a bit of advice would be to only have it turned on when recording to save the battery. I did find it some what hard to tell if it was on and recording, as the bleeping sounds were not as easily heard with a hat and helmet on, but once you know what the bleeps mean then you get the hang of it. To make sure I always ask someone just to make sure as I don’t trusty my self to get it right. 

The use of the wifi accessories work well, regarding the wifi remote and the smart phone app, these will have their own comparison review soon. With the GoPro having a wide angle lense it does mean that when filming someone you have to get very close to them, to get a good view, as if you are only 5 meters away it looks like you are a lot more.

When using the GoPro for stills it is not so good as it doesn’t focus very well when close up to objects like a flower, as you have to be close to get the detail with the wide angle. This may just be me not setting it up right. When using the burst mode it does lag a little to when it starts taking the photos by a few seconds. 

Overall it is a great action sports camera, just a bit annoying about the battery life. It keeps me thinking of new ways to film things and look at different types of mount to try to improve the shots. 

Thanks 

Jacob Mann

No comments:

Post a Comment